[Mb-civic] Our Forests May Be on a Road to Ruin

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Wed Aug 4 10:18:05 PDT 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael

--------------------
Our Forests May Be on a Road to Ruin
--------------------

An important rule was adopted in 2001 to protect national wild lands. Now it's being trashed by Bush, says Bill Clinton.

By Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton was the 42nd president of the United States.

August 4 2004

A century ago, Theodore Roosevelt warned against despoiling the environment, saying "to waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed." As president, I worked hard to heed that warning.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-clinton4aug04,1,5237291.story

Visit Latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com