[Mb-civic] SENDING AGAIN FW: My Beef With Big Media By Ted Turner,

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Aug 3 20:18:28 PDT 2004

Re:  SENDING AGAIN FW: My Beef With Big Media By Ted Turner,

"Breaking up the reconstituted media conglomerates may seem
like an impossible task when their grip on the policy-making process in
Washington seems so sure."

It does.

"But the public's broad and bipartisan rebellion against the FCC's
pro-consolidation decisions suggests something different."

One can only hope so.

"Politically, big media may again be on the wrong side of history ­ and up
against a country unwilling to lose its independents."

One can only hope so.

Not that "big media" cares though, nor especially note when their "grip on
the policy-making process in Washington seems so sure".

I look around at the World, America too, and it's a mess.

A System that has gone kablooey, seemingly always tilted toward big bucks,
big people, and big business.

Politicians who would rather play golf in the Bahamas on a Corporate Earth
paid-for junket, rather than take care of business for the American People
in favor of the American People.

A Military that is out of control whose budget is waaay out of proportion
to what should have ever been allocated, now in possession of "nonlethal"
weapons they can point at you and fry your brain, turn your intestines into
jelly, or put subliminal messages into your mind about anything they want.

A CIA that has been playing "dirty tricks" all around the world forever,
setting up and knocking down governments, countries, and peoples like they
were bean bags at the carnival.

An FBI that never got over J. Edgar Hooverism but rather simply expanded on it.

A Congress that is so on the take that they make Mata Hari look like Madonna.

Pollution and cancers ad infinitum that run unchecked as our politicians
bless Big Business and give them the holy wafer each Saturday night.

And a "Media" that makes Orwellian "theories" look like something out of a
comic book.

And that's just The Tip Of The Iceberg.

It's a madhouse.

Civilization is not falling.

They're simply enhancing slavery to a brighter and better level.

The hope of the future no longer appears to be dependent on what a
free-thinking and freedom-loving People can accomplish with their minds and
votes.

But rather what they can do with something in their hands as to bashing the
teeth out of these assholes that continue to propagate "Hell's Dictatorum"
on a once beautiful planet.

But, of course, with this "New Technology" firmly in the hands of Larry,
Curly, and Moe, 10 years from now you most likely won't even remember what
you ate for breakfast, much less be able to mildly ponder how to "Take Back
Your Country".

I can't say I am surprised, as it "ALL" was so very very, very expected and
foretold so long long, long ago.

I'm just sad to see the miracle of Life on a tiny speck in the universe
turn into nothing more than one giant penal colony.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.