[Mb-civic] Maintaining Israel's Military Edge Over The Combined Forces Of Arab Nations

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Aug 3 02:08:32 PDT 2004

Maintaining Israel's Military Edge Over The Combined Forces Of Arab Nations

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-us-israel,0,755852.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

I dunno, I just thought it was a cool title and named it that, whadya want
for a nickel......

"The State Department defended a prospective deal to equip Jordan with
high-tech air-to-air missiles and cautioned Israel not to build 600 new
homes at a large Jewish settlement on the West Bank alongside Jerusalem."

"As Israel looks to Congress to block the deal to upgrade the firepower of
Jordanian jets, (U.S. State) department spokesman Adam Ereli praised the
Arab kingdom and said the United States would be careful to maintain
Israel's military edge over the combined forces of Arab nations."

And they got Bobby Fischer up on charges.....

How ironic.

LOL.................

On another front, the State Department said the 600 housing units the
Israeli defense minister has approved for Malleh Adumim are a form of
settlement activity that Israel promised to end when it approved a
U.S.-backed road map for negotiations with the Palestinians.

"We look forward to Israel abiding by that commitment and sticking by the
road map," Ereli said.

Even expanding settlements to account for "natural growth" among the Jewish
families that live on them is ruled out by the road map, Ereli said.

American diplomats also have reminded Prime Minister Ariel Sharon that
unauthorized outposts must be removed from the West Bank, the spokesman said.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.